Hello to All,
I am grateful for all of my family, and I'm glad that y'all are understanding when it comes to me staying in touch. I'm trying to do a little better. I've really enjoyed talking to some of my brothers and sisters, and I plan on calling the rest of you soon. Mom & Dad got to come visit in March down here in Austin, and we had a great time. Anybody who wants to come down here is also welcome anytime. What was great about their visit, was just walking around and seeing the sites. We didn't spend any money except on one dollar movie and of course, great food of all kinds. I know the family reunion idea didn't happen a couple of years back, but I'm always thinking about it. We have a great big park that is part of our subdivision, which is really nice that would be great for the occasion. There is also lots of great state parks around here also. We tried out one the other day, called "The Lost Pines". It is beautiful, and it is a pine forest in the middle of nowhere.
On another note, life has been good for us. Oscar is out of school and awaiting the next steps to layout for his summer regarding military, jobs, or more school. He is currently in the Officer Candidate School and loving it. He just got a job offer to be a summer school math teacher for Manor ISD as well. It's nice to see things all coming together after all his hard work he's put in.
I'm still working at a credit union doing lending, which is okay. I have to challenge myself, since the job itself is very easy. I put in a lot of suggestions, ask for training/projects, and create better ways of doing things. It's been a good experience overall because I have always worked for smaller places and have been curious if I would be able to hang in a large financial institution. It's all the same, and it turns out I can hang with the best of them. That makes me feel good because I am progressing, learning, and while not educated with a college degree, I am able.
I've also started working out, which has been so much fun. I go to different classes, and sometimes work out on my own too. My favorite class is kickboxing, which kills me. But afterwards, you're like "I can't believe I was able to do it". You are moving your whole body testing strength, form, and endurance for 60 minutes. For all of us out of shape, that's hard. I took Oscar to the cycle class with me the other day, and he didn't last too long. Hee-Hee!! He's always getting after me about running with him, but I don't like to run for a long time. It hurts!! :) So now he's got his thing, and I've got mine. Well this is getting long and probably boring, so I'll cut it off now. Until next time, we miss and love you all.
Well, I tried to post pictures, but it will have to wait until next time as it is getting late (it gave me an error-errh!!).



1 comment:
Sounds like good times! Way to go on the working out. That is something I have been planning on doing for a long time now and still haven't:( Maybe someday!
Post a Comment